Saturday, September 10, 2011

Paper or notebook, that's the question!

I am really struggling to figure out which is better for me, paper and binder or notebook. They both have pros and cons. I know for most people the question is between taking notes by typing vs old fashion pen and paper. I am not that old fashion, however, most of my classes (I have to take four courses in total) involve mathematical equations and so fort and I think it is much easier for me to take notes old fashion way.

Binder & Paper
Pros:
  • Much lighter in weight to carry around (not the binder just the paper)
  • Can easily be replaced if I miss a lecture by coping others' (not that I am planning to miss any)
Cons:
  • Can be lost easily
  • The holes will be tore at some point
Notebook
    Pros:
    • Much easier to organize
    • Easily can go back to previous lectures
    Cons:
    • Missing one lecture will be really hard to replace 
    May be there are more pros and cons regarding both ways of taking notes that I have not experience and does not come to my mind at this point but I guess I am leaning more toward notebook. I might  miss one lecture probably in October and that is not a big deal. I will talk to the prof who is lecturing that course to prepare for that one.

    But lets see, if the lectures have so many online materials and handouts then I will change my mind. I don't like to carry both binder full of papers and a notebook at the same time.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment